Monday, October 15th, 2012
- “A Year of Blasphemy.” Typically great stuff from Ken at Popehat. Also, “monkey crotch.”
- You know what isn’t typically great? Investigative political reporting. Here’s an exception from Buzzfeed. Fascinating look into the origins of a pervasive myth about George Romney.
- “For years before his 1991 retirement, Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall slipped away from deliberations each day to watch Days of Our Lives.”
- John McCain thinks the day the Supreme Court decided that incorporated groups of people who criticize politicians are protected by the First Amendment was worse than the day the Supreme Court declared that black people are non-citizens.
- Headline of the day.
- 22-year-old with severe food allergies arrested on a misdemeanor pot charge. The next day, he’s found dead in his jail cell.