Tuesday, October 2nd, 2012
- In Camden, the police union has negotiated bonus pay for cops who work night shifts. They’ve also negotiated bonus pay for cops who work day shifts. And thanks to sick and vacation day benefits, about a third of the force doesn’t show up for work each day. Mysteriously, the city is plagued by crime and debt.
- Happy first anniversary of the death of free checking! Thanks Dodd-Frank, for making banking more expensive for poor people!
- Always know where the camera is.
- TSA agent convicted of stealing from passengers says stealing from passengers is common.
- Consensus on the coming pension crisis: Basically, we’re all screwed.
- Headline of the day.
- Of possible interest to my fellow napping aficionados.
- The Pentagon is working to make killer drones “sentient.” I don’t see any possible downside, here.
- Fellow libertarians: You’ve been doing it wrong. There are two possible explanations, here. Either the government deliberately spread the false rumor that tin foil hats block mind-control rays in order to make it easier to manipulate us, or the government is behind this bogus study, because it fears that tin foil hats are an obstacle to taking over our minds. I happen to know which of these scenarios is correct. But you’ll have to subscribe to my mimeographed newsletter to find out.