RE: TIME TO GO GALT!
Piers Morgan is a puke, but at least the man knows how to listen. Last night I floated the idea we discussed: if we don’t get the gun control laws we’re entitled to, the cops will go on strike! I backed it up with lots of talk about how there’s a surge in violence against cops. There’s some rable-rousers out there who will dispute my numbers, but nobody listens to them. This is still post 9/11 America, and when you say “danger,” they buy it.
But as I left the CNN studios, Ray, it hit me: aren’t we thinking too small?
We have the public terrified of crime. We have them thinking that they need cops to protect them from that crime. And we have an agenda. Why the hell aren’t we making full use of that?
Saying “Second Amendment? Then No Cop!” is a good start. But let’s look further:
1. Like I said last week, those assholes at the ACLU are as bad as the ones at the NRA. I got your “rights” right here, buddy. Proposal: you want to be protected? Stop complaining about troublemakers being stopped and frisked.
2. Shut the fuck up about Big Gulps, or no cops. (Dude, I know this isn’t a top law enforcement issue. But do a friend a solid, will you?)
3. You think you have a “right” to take pictures of us? Fine. We’ve got a right not to come when you dial 911. How’s that for a picture?
4. Oh, now we’re not supposed to use our discretion in handling parking tickets any more? Well, maybe we’ll use it by not coming to your accident scene, instead.
5. Raiding the homes of protestors to deter them from protesting is a strain on our resources. So quit protesting. Or we strike.
6. Shut the fuck up about the Muslims; we’ll investigate whoever we want for whatever we want. Want to keep whining about it? Maybe the Muslims will help you next time someone breaks into your apartment.
Anyway, Ray, let’s hash this out.
Now, the optics on this are delicate, and it’s a tricky business, so if you could get your guys to go a few weeks without shooting any unarmed people in their doorways or using drunk citizens for sex or sodomizing any suspects with broomsticks, that would be just great.