Here are some links to read when you want to appear as though you’re working really hard, but you’re really just screwing around online:
- Holy Mother of God, the Vatican is running its largest government deficit in years. I guess buying all of those fancy hats and paying off all of those little boys really adds up.
- My parents didn’t pay attention to me and my sister and the only excuse they had were drugs and alcohol. Imagine if they had smartphones back then like these “Parent of the Year” nominees.
- The EPA’s chief administrator comes across like an arrogant, condescending jackass by assuming most Americans can’t read above a fifth-grade level.
- Former drug consumer Barack Obama will (reportedly) finally grow a pair and “take steps to draw down the nation’s decades-long war on drugs if he wins a second term.”
- A married couple who happen to (for now, anyway) work as a Chicago public schools principal and assistant principal — with a combined income of more than $230,000 – lied about their income so that their kids could get on the federal free lunch program.
- Georgia voters find themselves screwed either way in a ballot measure that would increase sales taxes for roads if they vote “yes” and spike local property taxes if they vote “no.”
- The Navy is rolling out several new carriers that won’t have urinals – but will have about 30 guys peeing off the back of the boat at any given time.
- Finally, what happens when you take one of the most awesomely cheesy songs of the 80’s (with one of the catchiest choruses in modern music history) and add a music video featuring a sarcophagus, a fez, an x-ray, what appears to be a priests’ collar, a mummy hailing a cab, a paper shredder, a pirates’ sword, and a racquetball game played with with badminton rackets? You get this Howard Jones YouTube classic.
Twitter me up: @Drews_Views