A man said to the universe:
“Sir, I exist!”
“However,” replied the universe,
“The fact has not created in me
“A sense of obligation.” – Stephen Crane
- Now you, too can get a direct answer from the universe.
- Another way to magically turn a “child” into an “adult” without shouting “Shazam!”
- SOPA returns, on the back of a czar.
- Laws prohibiting “convicted felons” from voting now disenfranchise a record number of Americans.
- Under the currently-popular “lock ’em all up” mentality, what will happen if abortion is re-criminalized?
- On Thursday I wrote about Polly Adler, a brothel madam in Prohibition-era New York City who was friendly with the Algonquin Round Table.
(Thanks to Radley for the first two items.)