Where can you find thousands of dollars being poured out a window, birthday parties, hidden cameras, blood-stealing laws, out-of-control bureaucrats and the guy who voiced Darth Vader? In these links:
- A “Code Enforcement Official” in Columbia County, Georgia, broke into the house of a sleeping woman and yelled at her for not mowing her lawn.
- In Tennessee, a new law required eight drivers to give blood samples against their will last week because they were suspected of drinking and driving.
- Text messages sent to friends and family are not private, according to a recent Washington state court ruling.
- If you want birthday cake and guns at the same place, head to Texas.
- Political candidates are getting a little creepy in their efforts to record their opponents’ daily lives.
- In case you missed it last week, a (particularly dopey) subgroup of the Occupy Seattle movement protested campaign finance laws by throwing $5,000 out of a hotel room window. The bills had statements stamped on them. Apparently the protesters were unaware that copies at Kinko’s are only nine cents.
- A lot of the folks who like James Earl Jones‘ corny movies like The Sandlot, Patriot Games and Field of Dreams are probably Tea Party types, but he still thinks they’re racists, anyway
Now that was a thoughtful and enjoyable way to kill a few minutes, wasn’t it?