I promised Dave Krueger a new post on terminology today, but when I did I was forgetting that I had to bring my husband to the airport today. I’m just beginning to catch up now and see little hope of doing so before dark, so here are some links and I’ll get that other post ready for tomorrow, harlot’s honor!
- Glenn Greenwald: How America’s Surveillance State Breeds Conformity and Fear.
- Why is the government collecting your biometric data?
- Indiana dad sentenced to five years for criticizing judge and custody evaluator.
- Couple handcuffed, jailed for dancing on subway platform.
- Three accounting tricks the Obama administration uses to hide the cost of the drug war.
- Cop kicks handcuffed woman in head.
- Man tells police dispatcher his mentally disturbed brother is carrying a fake gun; police kill him anyway.
- Ever wonder what it’s like to be married to a call girl? Here’s a two-part column (Part One and Part Two) in which my husband answers reader-submitted questions.
(Thanks to my friend Grace for #1 & 2, and to Radley (via Twitter) for #3 & 4)