- Louisiana requires “sex offenders” to post detailed instructions so they can be more easily located for harassment or violence.
- In cash-strapped states, collection agencies are given authority to jail people.
- From the Onion: DNA Evidence Frees Black Man Convicted Of Bear Attack.
- Beware of the Blob.
- Florida Lifeguard Fired for Trying to Save Drowning Man Outside of His Assigned Zone.
- Is an Unknown Drug or an Unverifiable Mental Disorder a Better Explanation for Face Eating Than a Voodoo Curse?
- Methinks Professor Kubistant needs to find himself a regular escort ASAP.
- My column from Monday, about how institutional obsession with “what if?” destroys lives.
(Thanks to Jesse Walker for #2 and Lenore Skenazy for #5).