- William Shatner gets it, even if the former mayor of Ilfracombe doesn’t.
- Walter Olson’s “Overlawyered”, which I am told was the very first legal blog, turned 13 yesterday; here are his first two weeks of posts.
- The Library of Congress picks 88 unobjectionable “Books that Shaped America”.
- “I don’t want to read about another crying actress attached to a fake penis”.
- House burns down due to faulty radio; officials respond by banning beach bonfires.
- “…a kind of Mann Act for giant, awesome snakes.”
- A stripper explains why “pole taxes” are a bad idea (I recently wrote about this, too.)
- My column for yesterday on “testilying” and suborning perjury.
(Thanks to Jacob Sullum for #5 and Jesse Walker for #6)