Thursday, June 28th, 2012
- SCOTUS upholds Obamacare. Mandate approved, but majority (the four liberals plus Roberts) holds up mandate only as a tax. Another majority would invalidate under the Commerce Clause. The three conservatives plus Kennedy would have struck down the entire law. If I have time later tonight, I might post a reaction. But I’m already pretty tired of reading/hearing about it. So maybe not. But feel free to have at it in the comments.
- Elmo’s shame.
- Amazing, heartening photo.
- Bottom falls out of latest media effort to whip up a moral panic: The Miami face biter was not high on “bath salts.”
- Pennsylvania state trooper will face charges for fatal accident he caused while driving drunk. Bonus points: He had just returned from a memorial for a victim of drunk driving.
- Judge imposes “anti-harassment” gag order on a blogger, orders him to remove all references to plaintiff from blog.
- Americans trust Obama over Romney in the event of an attack by space aliens.
- A look at the on-the-ground effects of Tuesday’s SCOTUS decision on life without parole for juveniles.