Saturday, May 26th, 2012
- Albuquerque DA says there might be something wrong with system that has never found a cop criminally liable for a shooting. Includes this: ” . . . there are nine cop shootings still pending with the D.A.’s office, including one by a cop who listed his job description on Facebook as ‘human waste disposal.’”
- You need to fire your layout editor.
- Judge sentences Texas honor student to a night in jail because she has missed too much school. There’s really no problem we can’t fix with more incarceration.
- Just following policy: School nurse withholds inhaler while a student nearly dies of an asthma attack. Apparently his parents hadn’t signed the proper consent form.
- Report says policing and criminal justice are increasingly turning into make-work jobs programs.
- About 30 North Korean bureaucrats died in simultaneous car accidents last year.