Thursday, March 8th, 2012
- The latest edition of Cato Unbound looks to be pretty interesting. It’s on DNA testing and the death penalty.
- Interesting look at the lobbyists who are paid to keep marijuana illegal.
- Bunk opens a grocery.
- So this is absurd. Let’s hope Texas doesn’t hear about it.
- Doctor faces murder charges for prescriptions she wrote for painkillers. Note that the investigation began in 2008, the deaths she’s charged with causing occurred until December 2009, and she had her license and was still prescribing until at least the end of 2010. This is consistent with the criticism that law enforcement agents are more interested in bagging scalps and seizing assets than protecting patients.
- Remember when media consolidation was the big fear? Now, it’s too much media. Where are you when we need you, Rupert Murdoch!?!
- Recently laid-off manual laborer leaves a generous tip.