Wednesday, February 29th, 2012
- Three very good posts from Jacob Sullum illustrating the absurdity of hate crimes laws: one, two, and three.
- Coming to California: A new law inspired by a dead person.
- The U.S. Secretary of Transportation enjoys driving around to find drivers talking on their cell phones, then honking his horn at them.
- Federal court bars Mississippi from putting children in solitary confinement.
- U.K. police raid the wrong house after stolen iPhone pings to the wrong address: “Nottingham Police refused to reimburse Kerr for the repairs to his door — because officers ‘reasonably believed’ an offender was in the house.”
- The state of Utah has stopped the family of Matthew Stewart from raising funds for his defense. They say the family must first get a permit.
- Two years after he was stopped and illegally searched, Raleigh man just wants an apology. He hasn’t received one.