Thursday, February 23rd, 2012
- Jake Tapper calls out Obama press secretary Jay Carney on the administration’s free press hypocrisy.
- “To have a passport is privilege, it’s not entitled to you by citizenship.” In other words, the government can bar you from freely leaving the country, for any reason it pleases. In this case, one child of a vacationing family had a passport with a crease that a federal bureaucrat determined disqualified him from the privilege of crossing the border.
- I must be a nihilist, death-obsessed liberal, because I’m actually okay with most of the worst-case scenarios in this article. In fact, the only accusation against the Dutch that I find unsettling—that Dutch doctors may be euthanizing infirm patients without their consent—is the scenario with little to no empirical evidence to support it.
- Five reasons you should never agree to a police search, even if you think you have nothing to hide.
- The war on food trucks continues.
- Headline of the day. (Here’s the runner-up.)
- The truth about pot.