Tuesday, February 21st, 2012
- British government, public health activists say alcoholism running rampant even though per capita consumption is down.
- States looking to pass yet more policies to curb access to prescription drugs. Note that one politician quoted refers to “patients” trying to manipulate the system, not “addicts” or “dealers.” A patient trying to manipulate the system is a patient who can’t get the drugs he needs, because of the system.
- I feel another law named after a dead person coming on.
- Oakland cops were given body-mounted cameras to improve relations with the public. But they aren’t turning them on when they’re policing protests.
- The best outcome to the birth control debate: Make the pill available over the counter. I have a feeling neither side would approve.
- Philly cops say they aren’t required to observe bike lanes.
- Middle-aged American Family Association columnist calls high school junior a “small-minded and vengeful brat.” He also calls her “mean.”