Thursday, January 5th, 2012
- Seattle policy on dash cam videos: We will happily release the police dash cam videos you have requested for your lawsuit . . . just as soon as the statute of limitations expires.
- The historian Newt Gingrich is apparently unaware that Washington and Jefferson grew hemp. He also seems to think we had a drug war back then. That, or he thinks Washington and Jefferson were just shooting up pot smokers, vigilante-style.
- Utah cop is killed, several others are injured after a shootout during a drug raid. The suspect had no prior criminal record, save for a traffic misdemeanor. The police haven’t yet said if they found any drugs.
- Citing prosecutorial misconduct, a Texas judge has vacated the conviction of man who has served 31 years for rape.
- Illinois police officer writes woman a traffic ticket, then looks her up in the DMV database and asks her out on a date.
- Houston man arrested, jailed for 36 hours for photographing an arrest is looking for representation for a lawsuit.