Sunday, January 1st, 2012
- Scott Greenfield rounds up the best criminal law blog posts of 2011.
- Roundups of funny/obnoxious Tweets and Facebook posts from the past year.
- And yet 90 percent of them will still get reelected in November.
- Here’s a video of a guy making iced tea. It’s better than it sounds.
- Mayan apocalypse watch: Hundreds of blackbirds drop dead from the sky in Arkansas; Ohio has an earthquake; Vanderbilt played in a bowl game.
- Obama says he won’t enforce detention provisions of defense bill he just signed. Funny thing is, he’s using a signing statement to get around enforcing them. Which he promised during the campaign he wouldn’t use. And of course now that the bill is law, future presidents won’t be bound by Obama’s signing statement.
- The DEA continues its obstinacy on the Adderall/Ritalin shortage. Sort of typical of them to fight “abuse” by limiting overall supply, which really just punishes the people who need the drugs. (I take Adderall w/ prescription. Yes, it’s a pain in the ass to find.)