Wednesday, December 28th, 2011
- Not The Onion: Californians will vote on whether porn stars should be required to wear condoms.
- It’s all just going to get dumber and dumber until November.
- Gene Healy: the five worst op-eds of 2011. His delightfully Friedmanesque closer: “And so, my friends, we roll up our sleeves and limp forward, hunkered down to face what 2012 holds, our boats borne back ceaselessly into the past, yet always, always, twirling toward freedom.”
- Alternet publishes article calling for government monitoring of doctors and their pain patients, a crackdown on prescription painkillers, and generally expanding the drug war, all because . . . corporations are evil. And Florida’s governor loves the Tea Party. Or something.
- A list of all the new reasons for which governments will send you to jail, starting on Sunday.
- Woman says she was arrested, had her phone confiscated after trying to record a police beating in North Carolina.