Saturday, December 24th, 2011
- Nevada legalizes online poker. Of course, that’s the one state where they don’t really need it.
- Ex-cop won’t do jail time for multiple arsons.
- More genius from Lawrence O’Donnell.
- Obama breaks another campaign promise.
- “As was the case in 2010, the main obstacles to a GAO opinion on the accrual- based consolidated financial statements were: (1) serious financial management problems at the Department of Defense (DOD) that made its financial statements unauditable, (2) the federal government’s inability to adequately account for and reconcile intragovernmental activity and balances between federal agencies, and (3) the federal government’s ineffective process for preparing the consolidated financial statements.” But sure. Let’s give them more control over health care, too. (Via Peter Suderman.)