Sunday, September 4th, 2011
- Lawsuit: Man contends he was arrested for contempt for not standing on his leg. Which the arresting officer had just broken.
- Another arrest in Austin for providing free rides home from bars. And from the discussion of that post over at Reddit: “I am personally involved in the lobbying effort to keep these guys off the street and honestly the reason is simply to restrict competition.”
- Nice photo of a runway model.
- Good roundup of great journalism on the death penalty.
- Anonymous releases hacked emails from Texas police department. Disturbingness ensues.
- Dustup of the day: Cato’s Tad DeHaven vs. Lloyd Chapman, head of the American Small Business League.
- How U.S. companies profited from torture flights.