Tuesday, August 23rd, 2011
- Touching video of two Louisiana men who became friends in prison, were both exonerated by DNA testing, now reuniting as free men.
- Related: Federal judge under fire for letting habeas petitions linger for years. One inmate died while waiting. The same judge was removed from another case after an appeals court questioned his impartiality.
- New Jersey cop assaults man recording him.
- National debt jumps $4 trillion under Obama.
- Mother Jones has assembled a database of U.S. terrorism informants and trials of suspected terrorists.
- Missouri teacher says new law banning online contact with students means she can’t communicate online with her own kids.
- Obama administration encourages health care providers to organize, then sues them for doing so.
- New Gallup poll: Hypothetical matchup puts unelectable Ron Paul within two points of Barack Obama.
- More problems for the Fullerton, California, police department.
(CORRECTION: Both Media Matters and Cato’s Dan Mitchell say the CBS article linked above gets it wrong: The 2009 fiscal year was set by the Bush administration, not Obama.)