Tuesday, May 24th, 2011
- New crime stats show more steady, across-the-board decline.
- The best street photographer you’ve never heard of.
- Supreme Court narrowly upholds release of prisoners from overcrowded California jails. Scalia’s dissent includes this hilarious line, which is either silly fearmongering, or below-average homoerotica: “…many will undoubtedly be fine physical specimens who have developed intimidating muscles pumping iron in the prison gym.”
- Photo of the day.
- “Didn’t it, at some point in this investigation, get frustrating to discover that there’s nothing?” Angrifying story, via Hit & Run.
- “Did the DEA knowingly keep a terrorist on its payroll?” If it did, it wouldn’t be the first time the agency has prioritized drug enforcement ahead of national security.