Monday, May 23rd, 2011
- Amazing color photographs from the Great Depression.
- Smoke or deal pot, and the SWAT team will violently break into your home in the middle of the night. But beat a man within an inch of his life, then run from the law, and the SWAT team will come for you in broad daylight, surround your house, make several announcements over a bullhorn, and give you the opportunity to surrender peacefully.
- Lawmakers, regulators take aim at prepaid credit cards. Because of the drugs.
- Have no idea if this actually happened. But I hope it did.
- New York City cracks down on “illegal hotels“, basically making it impossible for a non-profit, private home or apartment owner, or any other party to rent a room to out-of-towners without getting all the proper and prohibitively expensive hotel permits. Great example of how regulation often protects big businesses, and screws over just about everyone else.
- Time lapse puppy-to-adult video.