Tuesday, March 29th, 2011
- Headline of the day.
- “Guatemala is a good place to commit a murder, because you will almost certainly get away with it.”
- City of Dover digs up, hauls off basketball hoops on private property that were in violation of a new “clear zone” ordinance.
- USA Today report suggests D.C. school officials cheated on standardized tests.
- Disturbing how common these sorts of images have become. Remember, these are domestic law enforcement agents you’re seeing, not military.
- The Tennessee legislature is again considering a bill that would allow grocery stores to sell wine. (Note to local media: Make sure your headline puns are properly aligned with the beverage being regulated. “Wine legislation on tap” = No! “Legislature serves up wine bills” = better.) Rather hilariously, Tennessee’s liquor stores, which have a monopoly on wine retailing, are again warning that this could unleash a wave of binge drinking and DWI carnage on the roadways.
- So I guess atheists and Muslims are the reason Newt Gingrich cheated on his wives.
- Disturbing list of writers and intellectuals who have recently gone missing in China.