Wednesday, February 16th, 2011
- An invitation to this event arrived in my email. I think I’ll pass. A colonoscopy sounds like a more pleasant way to spend an evening.
- National Research Council study says the FBI overstated the science in its case against accused anthrax killer Bruce Ivins.
- Rick Santorum talks about his “Google problem”. I like that his defenders are appealing to civility. The guy thinks there should be laws preventing gay people from having sex in their own homes, and likens homosexuality to pedophilia and bestiality.
- I don’t know much about this case, but the summary has all the red flags of yet another bogus sex abuse prosecution. It also comes with natural suspicion of any case handled by Maricopa County DA Andrew Peyton Thomas.
- Scottish Deerhound wins Best in Show at Westminster. I like these dogs. They look like Muppets.
- In Baltimore, a police officer is supposed to review red light camera citations to match the license plate with the person who is issued the ticket. Somehow, 2,000 red light tickets were recently verified with the signature of a police officer who is dead.
- Slate looks at the new Frank Gehry building in Miami.