Sunday, February 6th, 2011
- So this image purports to be a series of composites of the average woman from various countries and ethnicities. I was struck by how attractive they all are. This makes some sense when you think about it from an evolutionary perspective. But I think it’s also a little surprising because it’s not how we typically use the word average.
- Glenn Greenwald on another death at Gitmo.
- This whole Kenneth Cole backlash is getting pretty ridiculous. The guy (or whoever writes his Twitter feed) wrote something crass and dumb. He immediately apologized for it. You’d be hard pressed to find a company more active in various social causes than Kenneth Cole. But as we learned with the Whole Foods debacle, the outrage mobs tend to live in the moment.
- Hey, cut Bloomberg some slack! It’s isn’t cheap to prepare food that’s edible without using salt, trans-fats, saturated fats, or sugar.
- The saddest Ebay auction photo you’ll see today.
- Good on the ACLU for bringing this lawsuit. Here’s my question: Why haven’t the people at Signal who are responsible for this atrocity been criminally charged? If the ACLU is correct, there were a number of crimes committed, here.