Thursday, December 2nd, 2010
- Study: Legalizing possession of child porn linked to decrease in sex crimes against children. This similar to other “outlet” studies showing increased availability of regular porn leads to decreased incidence of rape. Obviously, no one would suggest we legalize child porn. But it does suggest laws against and a focus on possession, and particularly laws against virtual child porn, are misguided.
- Skip Oliva: Boycotting Amazon over the Wikileaks issue is silly. I think he’s right.
- Lawsuit alleges mass abuse at a private youth corrections facility in Mississippi.
- First, they came for the . . . oh, nevermind.
- Google/YouTube appear to be pulling the plug on Alex Jones. I think Jones is fairly nutty. And let’s remember, private companies taking away your platform isn’t “censorship.” Still, it is troubling behavior from Google.
- Fourth Amendment underwear for your next trip through a TSA checkpoint.
- Ads that wouldn’t make it today (some NSFW).