Monday, November 1st, 2010
- Here is a compilation of people doing awesome things, set to cheesy music.
- Five safety measures that don’t make you safer. I’ve heard skepticism about sunscreen before, but is it really that useless?
- Rock Band gradually becoming more like a real rock band. Next edition rumored to come with petty infighting and starter heroin.
- Woman arrested, charged for refusing to hand found wallet over to the police. But it isn’t because she wanted to keep it. She had apparently had a bad prior experience involving police and stolen property and wanted to first make sure the owner was okay with them making the transfer.
- Esquire‘s list of “Best Members of Congress” is pretty well done. We’re obviously grading on a generous curve here, but the names they picked are largely the better members of either party, and except for a couple, Esquire picked them for the right reasons. I can’t complain about the “worst” list either. But that’s a much easier list to make.
- The full Larry Sanders Show finally released on DVD. Jeffrey Tambor is on my list of 10 funny people with whom I’d like to have a beer.
- Not your ordinary “megachurch leaders comes out of the closet” story. In fact, this one is in encouraging. (UPDATE: Link fixed.)
- Heard a segment on NPR the other day in which there was much lamenting over how unenthusiastic Latino voters seem to be, and how this could make things worse for the Democrats tomorrow. I’m thinking that the Obama administration boasting about its record number of deportations might have something to do with the dampened energy.