Saturday, July 24th, 2010
- Interesting website of a former cop who has become a medical marijuana activist.
- Well I’m convinced.
- White House pulls the ol’ “dump your bad news on Friday afternoon” trick, announces that deficit will stay above $1.4 trillion through next year. The White House spin: At least it isn’t $1.5 trillion!
- We may be living in someone else’s black hole. (BTW, if you aren’t watching Through the Wormhole With Morgan Freeman on the Science channel, you should be.)
- This seems like a bad verdict.
- New federal law will force states to allow public employees to unionize. This is a bad idea for a number of reasons, but Wendy McElory has the goods on a repercussion of interest to readers of this site: more police unions.
- The Westboro Baptist Church protests are getting a bit hackneyed. Not sure therse people are serious enough to even merit a protest. Unless it’s a protest as awesome as this one.
- As a man wh appreciates a good pun, I’d have bought this book solely for its title. But it looks like a fun read, too.