Thursday, July 15th, 2010
- Crime is down all over Arizona . . . . except in Joe Arpaio’s jurisdiction. Of course, if you send your deputies out to seek out and arrest people for non-crimes (and nonviolent crimes), that’s probably going to have an effect on your crime rate.
- Note that all of the dangers presented in this Guardian scare story about Human Growth Hormone the result of the stuff being (mostly) illegal.
- So we can scratch that question off the list. Case cracked. The eggheads solved it. Way to comb through the evidence for the answer, then pullet out for the world to see. Feather in their caps. Just hope they don’t get cocky. I’ll stop with the yolks, now.
- Government to Haiti: The disaster check’s in the mail. We all know how well that works out. Whatever you think about emergency foreign aid, seems to me the worst way to do it is to promise emergency relief, then leave the people caught in the emergency still waiting a good six months later.
- Vatican issues wishy-washy new policy on priest sex abuse. But the Church does find space in the same document to equate the ordination of women with sex crimes.