Wednesday, May 12th, 2010
- Because it’s important to get the story right.
- The Onion stays a step ahead of the headlines. But only a step.
- Well of course he does.
- CBO revises estimated cost of health care reform bill. It’s now over $1 trillion. I expect that number to grow by another 30 percent in the next two years. Any suckers want to bet the under?
- Tanya Craft has been acquitted on all counts. This is great news. Now, who reimburses for the time, trouble, stress, and money she expended defending herself from this bullshit? Will the DA suffer any professional repercussions whatsoever for bringing this travesty of a case in the first place? These are rhetorical questions. William Anderson has more.
- Not really sure what to make of this one. According to the article, a Chicago cop allegedly drunkenly fired his gun into the air to win an argument that cops who break the law get the same treatment as regular people. This was according to the guy he was arguing with. The cop was acquitted.
- A few of my friends in D.C. are on a mission. It is a noble mission. I wish them luck, good times, and a VIP position on the liver donor list, which they’ll need by the time they’ve completed it.