Wednesday, March 10th, 2010
- USA Today tracks the remarkable recent progress toward the legalization of marijuana.
- The Catholic church can’t bring itself to defrock priests who diddle little boys, but it’s perfectly willing to expel a little girl from private school because her parents are lesbians. (Standard libertarian disclaimer: The church is free to make its own policies about its schools. And I’m free to criticize it for those policies.)
- Sean Penn not only continues to defend tyrant Hugo Chavez, but suggests imprisoning American journalists who criticize Chavez.
- D.C. councilman who pushed smoking ban now asks for exemptions for his favorite events.
- This is just a damned nice story. Conan is great.
- Panel recommends D.C. cop who brought gun to a snowball fight get a 10-day suspension.