- I’d probably look at her the same way.
- Vermont moves toward decriminalizing marijuana.
- On the other hand, a legislator in Maryland wants to ban trans-fats state-wide.
- And more from the Nanny State: Washington State looks to ban smoking with kids in the car. The natural next step, of course, is to ban smoking in private homes where children are present. In fact, kids are exposed to a parent’s secondhand smoke far more in the home than in the car. They just have to condition us first.
KansasNebraska cop seizes $65,000 in cash during a traffic stop. But the car’s owner isn’t charged with a crime. He wasn’t even give a ticket. Money excerpt (pardon the pun):
“Chris is a very aggressive young deputy,” Hanson said.
Investigators don’t know if they will be able to connect the money to a drug operation, Hanson said, but the important work already has been done.
“The big thing is he grabbed 69 (thousand dollars) and took it away from them,” Hanson said of the money seized. “That’s going right straight to the heart of the matter.”
Yep. Skipping all that “due process” stuff is certainly “going right straight to the heart of the matter.”
- What happens when you don’t pay for your “TV license” in the U.K.?
- Good to know we got that whole “democracy and liberal society” thing down pat in Afghanistan before moving on to Iraq.